SIP Trunks are a powerful, scalable and highly flexible form of telephony that connect your premises directly to the Public Telephone Network (PSTN) via IP/broadband. It is often sold as a replacement to ISDN and with the government’s recent announcement to withdraw ISDN services in 2025, connections to ISDN are plummeting as are calls as more users switch to SIP or mobile phones.
Deploying SIP trunking can be a big step towards simplifying your company’s telecommunications and gets you prepared for future communications enhancements. Discover the top 5 reasons you need to make the switch to SIP:
- Huge savings – Massive reduction in costs compared to ISDN due to cheaper calls and no more expensive line rental. Reduced maintenance and support costs.
- Greater flexibility – Move anywhere in the UK and simply plug back into the network with no need to change numbers. You can make and implement administrative changes more easily and quickly, including call routing plans for disaster recovery or holiday periods. If you need more call handling capacity, your provider can add additional SIP trunks to your package almost immediately.
- Faster installation – No more waiting for an engineer to install physical lines means you get connected faster.
- Higher resiliency – Multiple fibre lines can be installed providing an automatic backup and fail-over, so you’re always connected.
- Advanced features – Increased control, integration and analytics offers a huge range of new and advanced features.
ISDN is a dying technology, so your business will need to make the transition to IP-based telephony at some point in the near future anyway. Migrating over to SIP Trunking is one of the smartest technology moves your business can make and as long as you have done your research and have the system setup and programmed by an expert, then you can simply sit back and enjoy the cost savings in your business.
We hope the above information is useful to you, if you would like assistance in understanding your best options then please contact us on 0800 505 3350. You can also visit our Office VoIP Phone systems & Cloud Telephone systems pages with lots of useful information about the types of telephone systems we offer and how they can improve your business.