Your business phone system is an essential part of your organisation. It ensures that you are always able to communicate with your employees, customers and business partners. Whilst email, text messaging and video conferencing all have their place in the business world, voice communication is a critical element of success.
It’s no secret that old telephone systems are renowned for their inflexibility, and in today’s changeable business world where everything is moving at a hundred miles an hour, it won’t be long before you’re having to play catch up with your competitors.
In fact, many traditional ‘PBX’ phone systems are now becoming unsupportable, primarily because in many cases, the manufactures haven’t made them for years, so stock of replacement components is low. Switching to a VoIP phone system will not only improve the efficiency of your business but will also future Proof it for you.
BT made the announcement in 2015 that they will be switching off their ISDN networks for good by 2025. This means that sometime over this next 8 years ISDN customers will have to migrate over to some form of IP telephony. A VoIP network is the best and only solution for this problem.
Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, runs calls over the internet instead of traditional landlines. Unlike an on-premise telephone system (PBX), a hosted VoIP phone system exists entirely in the “Cloud”. VoIP technology enables you to make and receive telephone calls over a broadband Internet connection instead of over a traditional phone line.
Cloud VoIP is a flexible & feature rich solution and offers many benefits to businesses including:
- Cost savings due to no line rental and cheaper calls.
- Easy set up – Just plug your VoIP phones into the Internet and you are up and running straight away.
- You can log into a VoIP network from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
- It can be integrated with your email clients and CRM.
- Lines can be added or removed easily, giving you infinite flexibility.
- Auto attendant – An auto attendant is one of the hidden gems of premium VoIP services. This feature allows callers to interact with a menu to choose an appropriate extension. Your business will suddenly seem more professional and impressive. It’s like having an electronic receptionist!
- Keep the same phone number -We can port your number to your VoIP services as it’s not tied to a geographical location. This means your telephone calls can be routed to anywhere you have an Internet connection.
To find out more about how VoIP business telephone systems could help you save money and improve customer communication, contact us today on 0800 505 3350. Alternatively visit our Office VoIP Phone Systems page where you can read all about our complete Hosted VoIP telephone solution that provides an extensive range of fixed and mobile telephony capabilities to suit your business.